Funky Winker Beans

My friend is in a band called Opus Arise, and she invited us to their performance at Funky Winker Beans.  When you walk in, you're greeted by loud metal / rock.  It was pretty dark and still early, so we decided to go grab a bite before returning to the club. Unfortunately, Funky Winker Beans did not serve food so we went right next door. 

..nomnomnom 
while we were eating, my other friend texted me so I invited him to come join us.  We told him to head on in first since we were almost done eating. Upon seeing him, I feel like that was one of the most "emo" things I've ever witnessed. When we entered, he was in a corner sitting by himself and staring off into space... all this with metal playing in the background.  

BUT DONT WORRY GUYS HE CHEERED UP WHEN WE ARRIVED

so we chatted n hung out for a bit until Opus Arise performed

My absolute favourite part about metal is the double bass. Drumming takes so much stamina in this genre. HEADBANG


Dec 6 is their next performance. I will update the whereabouts if you're in Vancouver and would like to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment